Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ken Matsumoto <ke...@nri.com> on 2010/08/04 07:24:19 UTC

Bootstrap looks like stopping after 2 min into cluster, 2B records.

Hi all,

I just tried to bootstrap a new server into an existed cluster of 3 servers.
Set up a bootstrapping mode on a new server, I put it in a cluster.
After 1'30" + 30"sleep I ran "nodetool cleanup" on neighbour servers,
and saw the status with "nodetool streams".

But the result was "not sending any streams, not receiving any streams"
(I tried to run "nodetool streams" every 3 minutes. I stopped 10minutes
later.)

How should I do to bootstrap properly?

2 of existed server have 2B records (70B/record) each (replication factor2),
Partitioner is Orderpreservedpartitioner.

Regards,

Ken.

--
Ken Matsumoto
VP / Research & Development

PLEASE READ:This e-mail is confidential and intended for the named
recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this e-mail.

Re: Bootstrap looks like stopping after 2 min into cluster, 2B records.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
"During bootstrap nodetool may report that the new node is not
receiving nor sending any streams, this is because the sending node
will first copy out locally the data they will send to the receiving
one, which can be seen in the sending node through the the
"AntiCompacting... AntiCompacted" log messages."

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Ken Matsumoto <ke...@nri.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to bootstrap a new server into an existed cluster of 3 servers.
> Set up a bootstrapping mode on a new server, I put it in a cluster.
> After 1'30" + 30"sleep I ran "nodetool cleanup" on neighbour servers, and
> saw the status with "nodetool streams".
>
> But the result was "not sending any streams, not receiving any streams" (I
> tried to run "nodetool streams" every 3 minutes. I stopped 10minutes later.)
>
> How should I do to bootstrap properly?
>
> 2 of existed server have 2B records (70B/record) each (replication factor2),
> Partitioner is Orderpreservedpartitioner.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken.
>
> --
> Ken Matsumoto
> VP / Research & Development
> Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.
> NRI Pacific
> 1400 Fashion Island Blvd., Suite 1010
> San Mateo, CA 94404, U.S.A.
>
> PLEASE READ:This e-mail is confidential and intended for the named
> recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
> sender and delete this e-mail.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra