Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Miller <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/06 14:33:30 UTC

CompactionStrategy Questions

I am writing some documentation for compaction strategies to go with the
TwoTierCompactionStrategy I created and had a few questions...

Any reason we have both Size and SizeLimit CompactionStrategy? As far as I
can tell the only functional difference is SizeLimit is inclusive and Size
is exclusive.

What's the deal with ConfigurableCompactionStrategy? The name implies a
simple configurable class but it has a bunch of private static Tests
defined and options used for testing baked in.

Re: CompactionStrategy Questions

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Mike Miller <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing some documentation for compaction strategies to go with the
> TwoTierCompactionStrategy I created and had a few questions...
>
> Any reason we have both Size and SizeLimit CompactionStrategy? As far as I
> can tell the only functional difference is SizeLimit is inclusive and Size
> is exclusive.
>
> What's the deal with ConfigurableCompactionStrategy? The name implies a
> simple configurable class but it has a bunch of private static Tests
> defined and options used for testing baked in.

ConfigurableCompactionStrategy is used by the shell's compact command
to support lots of options for compactions, like compact files less
than a certain size.