Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Snowdon, Arthur R (Arthur)" <sn...@avaya.com> on 2006/06/28 15:56:49 UTC

Documentation of JMX control of Manager

I have a web app that uses JMX to start and stop other webapps.  I am
using JMX to do this.  By poking around, I found this MBean on the
Tomcat MBeanServer:
Catalina:j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/jsp-examples,J2EEApplicatio
n=none,J2EEServer=none which exposes stop(), start() and other methods.
This works to start and stop the jsp-examples webapp.

My Question: Is this officially documented anywhere?  What risk am I
taking on relying on those MBeans being there?  A problem with this
approach is if I call the destroy() method, the MBean itself disappears
so there is no way to reload the WebApp.

I was expecting to find an MBean for the Manager that might support a
method start("/jsp-examples") but I didn't find it.

Thanks

Art

ocumentation of JMX control of Manage

Art Snowdon | Avaya Converged Systems Division |
307 Middletown-Lincroft Road | Room: 3E-310 | Lincroft, NJ 07738 |
Voice 732-852-2316| snowdon@avaya.com <ma...@avaya.com>