Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Travis Stevens <Tr...@noaa.gov> on 2004/11/05 21:43:38 UTC

Building on Red Hat enterprise

I downloaded and tried to build cocoon 2.1.5.1.  I was getting the error
message:

org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

The problem is that the ant script that comes with cocoon located in
tools/bin/ant has this line:
# load system-wide ant configuration
if [ -f "/etc/ant.conf" ] ; then
  . /etc/ant.conf
fi

And here is what happens in ant.conf
ANT_HOME=/usr/share/ant

Currently, the only way around this is to comment out the above script
lines.  I guess one could also uninstall the ant rpm package (if
sysadmins actually give you permissions to do so).

-Trav

Re: Building on Red Hat enterprise

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Travis,

please check the PATH variable first. Often Red Hat versions comes with
older versions of java packages. Also check the JAVA_HOME.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Travis Stevens dijo: