Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Pedro E. Gómez" <pg...@pragma.com.co> on 2000/07/11 12:00:33 UTC

What about the servlets?

What is the role of servlets with cocoon?

What is the new development schema?

The servlet schema we use is something like this:

servlets "talk" with plain classes and EJB,
And populete with content the HTML templates

Esta buscando administrar y publicar banners eficientemente? Visitehttp://www.pragma.com.co/sitio/soluciones/productos.htmlPedro Enrique Gómez de los RiosProject Engineer / Ingeniero de Proyectos. PRAGMA: Now is Time to Get Value. http://www.pragma.com.co

______________________________________
Message sent with Misiva.
Visit us at http://www.pragma.com.co/misiva

Re: What about the servlets?

Posted by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk>.
In Cocoon you use XSP. They will call your plain classes and EJB objects.
You're XSP page will need only to produce an XML tree which then is
transformed into HTML (or other medium) using an XSL file. Cocoon takes care
of all this for you.

You need only look at an example XSP page and look for <xsp:include> and
<xsp:logic> tags. It will show you how to import a Java package and how to
embed Java logic code.

Yann.