Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 20:57:36 UTC

again on webservices

I have a simple question:
may a T5 page behave like a webservice (soap) ?

RE: again on webservices

Posted by Henning Petersen <he...@daenen4.de>.
I wouldn't run the web service through Tapestry at all. Instead, register
your web service as a separate servlet inside your application with a
certain path (e.g. "/ws/"), and make sure the Tapestry filter ignores those
paths by a contribution to your app module:

	public static void contributeIgnoredPathsFilter(
			final Configuration<String> configuration) {
		configuration.add("/ws/.*");
	}

That will allow T5 and any other servlet to co-exist peacefully. You can
then use the same Spring context you use in T5 with your web service as
well. IMO, running the whole web service through T5 would gain you nothing,
at best.

Kind regards
Henning

Posted by Thibaut Gadiolet <th...@gmail.com>.