Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daniel Augusto Veronezi Salvador <gu...@apache.org> on 2021/09/13 15:02:42 UTC

[VOTE] Standard string lib

Hi All,

We had a discussion about standardizing the string libs we're using (https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r806cd10b3de645c150e5e0e3d845c5a380a700197143f57f0834d758%40%3Cdev.cloudstack.apache.org%3E).

As I proposed, I'm opening this voting thread to see if all are in favor of using "commons.lang3" as the String standard library and for String operations not convered on "commons.lang3", we use our StringUtils. Then, if the vote passes, I will create the PR to address this change in the code base by removing unnecessary libraries, and changing the code to use "commons.lang3".

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Best regards,