Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/26 07:17:13 UTC

Re: IBM WPS: What version of Jetspeed does it use?

This means the Jetspeed from IBM WPS is not Jetspeed API... right,

I see in the web site there is several tag for PSML that is different..
like <allowed> etc.

Right???

Or this means WPS is a step a head rather that Jetspeed it self... right...
if yes, this is a strange step, Xerces is faster than JAXP, that why Crimson
is donated by Sun right???

Frans
Posted by "Scott A. Roehrig" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
It is correct that the WPS API is not that used in the Jetspeed 1.3a2
release. The API has been recontributed back to the core project, but is not
in the current 1.3a2 Jetspeed release.

The WPS API mirrors the Java Servlet API and moves away from the ECS
libraries and the like to a more strict J2EE type of implementation using
JSPs and not Velocity for view etc.

Scott

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>