Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Tushar Dhadiwal <tu...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/14 02:32:34 UTC

Re: Accumulo on Azure - Long Term Monitoring

Hello Gang,

I took a stab at adding initial code for a accumulo availability monitor
which is doing scans of random values across various tablet servers and
capturing timing information related to how long such scans take. Here is
the PR for the Same : https://github.com/apache/accumulo-testing/pull/118

The timings received from this probe were piped using a very lightweight
log4j appender to a Log Analytics service, where by querying logs and
plotting the graph of read timings vs time, I was able to determine changes
in accumulo cluster availability (For e.g. tablet servers down, poor
network connectivity etc.). I can provide more info and share code related
to this if anyone is interested in it.

Would appreciate your thoughts and feedback on this.

Cheers,
Tushar Dhadiwal