Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2020/03/15 03:33:32 UTC

Regarding the attic process

Hi folks,

As you know, Tajo community has been inactive, and we didn't release for
years. A couple of months ago, ASF Board asked our status. As a part of
process to move into Attic [1], we need to hear how other people in Tajo
community think or we have other options. If you are not familiar with the
attic, please refer to [2].

Please feel free to share any idea about moving into attic. If any one has
interest in contributing to this project, please also let us know.

[1] https://attic.apache.org/process.html
[2] https://attic.apache.org/

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: Regarding the attic process

Posted by Samuel Marks <sa...@gmail.com>.
I think it would be a good idea to link all the alternatives, even if these
are just limited to the Apache ecosystem. A few years ago I did this, but
I'm sure the ecosystem has changed since:
https://www.mail-archive.com/user@tajo.apache.org/msg00175.html

Samuel Marks
http://linkedin.com/in/samuelmarks

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@gmail.com>.
Justine,

I agree with that. I'll move forward with the attic process.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It's not a notification to go attic. I'm sorry for confusing.

I'm asking if other have some idea to make this project more active. For
example, if some people still have some time to contribute to this project
and release, then this project will be fine. Otherwise, we need to think
about attic process. ASF board asked our status, and so I'm asking this
question.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Posted by Jongyoung Park <em...@gmail.com>.
Use this page :

Posted by Subashini Hariharan <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jongyoung Park <jy...@apache.org>.
Feels sad.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Sad. Really liked the project. Wish it were still active. IMO, Tajo was
ground breaking in many aspects.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 09:03, Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As you know, Tajo community has been inactive, and we didn't release for
> years. A couple of months ago, ASF Board asked our status. As a part of
> process to move into Attic [1], we need to hear how other people in Tajo
> community think or we have other options. If you are not familiar with the
> attic, please refer to [2].
>
> Please feel free to share any idea about moving into attic. If any one has
> interest in contributing to this project, please also let us know.
>
> [1] https://attic.apache.org/process.html
> [2] https://attic.apache.org/
>
> Best regards,
> Hyunsik