Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/20 21:12:44 UTC

So we graduated...

For anyone paying attention to incubator-general, it will come as no
surprise that we graduated as of last night's board meeting.  We have a
press released queued up and planned for monday along with a PR (METRON-687
at https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/539).

It escaped my notice that the graduation was talked about on
incubator-general; otherwise I'd have sent this email earlier and been less
cagey in 687's description.  Even so, I'd like to ask that everyone keep it
to themselves until monday morning after the press release gets out the
door.  I know the cat is out of the bag, but it'd be nice to have a bit of
an embargo.

Thanks!

Casey

Re: So we graduated...

Posted by Carolyn Duby <cd...@hortonworks.com>.
Nice!  That's great news!

Outstanding! Great work everyone. Building a TLP worthy community is
difficult and worthy work, congratulations all!

-D...

RE: So we graduated...

Posted by "Waterson, Kevin" <Ke...@team.telstra.com>.
We should call ourselves Freedom Fighters!!

Kev

Posted by Hakkı Hakan Akansel <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all. Congrats.

Re: So we graduated...

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.

--
A.Nazemian

Re: So we graduated...

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all

Re: So we graduated...

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Well done everybody!  Congrats

Jon

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:55 PM Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Really exciting!  Congrats to the founding team!
> --Matt
>

> On 4/20/17, 4:02 PM, "Houshang Livian" <hl...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>     Congratulations Team. Great work!
>

>     On 4/20/17, 2:55 PM, "larry mccay" <lm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     >Wonderful news and well deserved!
>     >This community has embraced and committed to the Apache way so
> quickly.
>     >
>     >
>     >On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Kyle Richardson <
> kylerichardson2@gmail.com>
>     >wrote:
>     >
>     >> That's awesome! Congratulations everyone. Looking forward to the
> official
>     >> announcement on Monday.
>     >>
>     >> -Kyle
>     >>
>     >> > On Apr 20, 2017, at 5:15 PM, David Lyle <dl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> > Outstanding! Great work everyone. Building a TLP worthy community
> is
>     >> > difficult and worthy work, congratulations all!
>     >> >
>     >> > -D...
>     >> >
>     >> >> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Casey Stella <
> cestella@gmail.com>
>     >> wrote:
>     >> >>
>     >> >> For anyone paying attention to incubator-general, it will come
> as no
>     >> >> surprise that we graduated as of last night's board meeting.  We
> have a
>     >> >> press released queued up and planned for monday along with a PR
>     >> (METRON-687
>     >> >> at https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/539).
>     >> >>
>     >> >> It escaped my notice that the graduation was talked about on
>     >> >> incubator-general; otherwise I'd have sent this email earlier
> and been
>     >> less
>     >> >> cagey in 687's description.  Even so, I'd like to ask that
> everyone
>     >> keep it
>     >> >> to themselves until monday morning after the press release gets
> out the
>     >> >> door.  I know the cat is out of the bag, but it'd be nice to
> have a bit
>     >> of
>     >> >> an embargo.
>     >> >>