Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rishi Agr <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/22 11:56:08 UTC

Rest API bypassing certain APIs from authentication

Hi, I am implementing an API that needs to be processed without
authentication. This API will be publicly accessible. I have tried to set
the rest and services definition with auth="false" but it has not helped.
Below is a small code
rest.xml
<resource description="Some desc" displayName="SomeName" auth="false"
publish="true"
            name="Some name" path="/rest/test">

services.xml
<service name="seomMethod" engine="java"
             location="com.test.MyService" invoke="seomMethod" auth="false">

Can someone let me know what am I missing or doing wrong?

Re: Rest API bypassing certain APIs from authentication

Posted by Rishi Agr <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

I added the configuration of auth="false" for the specific operation
instead of the resource. This worked. Thank you

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Rishi,