Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Menattamai, Rajasekaran" <Ra...@finra.org> on 2009/11/20 20:06:39 UTC

Archiva repository scan issue

Iam not sure if the operation I am doing is incorrect or the repository
scanning feature in archiva 1.2.2 does not work as expected.

I created a repository. Added some files directly to the repository's
directory location ( in exactly like the maven2 format ) . Ran the
"repository scan" for this repository. After the scan the result
reported that it found 6 new files.  These files appear in the "total
file count" ,but other columns were not updated at all. There are some
jars and poms in the set of the files I added.  When I search for the
file I added, "search" did not return any results, which means the
database was not updated. If the operation I am doing is correct, then I
will open a defect ticket for this.

Statistics for Repository 'approved_3p'

Date of Scan	 Total File Count	 Total Size	 Artifact Count
Group Count	 Project Count	 Plugins	 Archetypes	 Jars
Wars	 Deployments	 Downloads
Fri Nov 20 13:12:43 EST 2009	 6	 1035114	 0	 0
0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0
Fri Nov 20 13:10:59 EST 2009	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0
0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0

-- Thanks

Raj

Raj Menattamai
Software Factory CM
240 386 6238 ( O )
804 852 4001 ( Cell )

Confidentiality Notice:  This email, including attachments, may include non-public, proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information.  If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in or transmitted with this e-mail is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete this e-mail, its attachments, and any copies of it immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you

Re: ETA for Archiva 1.2.3? (Was: Archiva repository scan issue)

Posted by Julian Dunn <Ju...@CBC.CA>.
Awesome - thanks guys!

- Julian

>>> Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org> 19/01/2010 8:13 pm >>>
Hi Julian,

We switched the version from 1.2.3 to 1.3 instead due to some new
features
implemented :) The voting was just finalized earlier today so the
binaries
should be available in a couple of hours in the Archiva site.

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Actually they appear to be up now, I'll work on the announcement.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: ETA for Archiva 1.2.3? (Was: Archiva repository scan issue)

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Dunn <Ju...@CBC.CA>.

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fredrik Jonson <fr...@jonson.org>.

Re: Archiva repository scan issue

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
The repository scanner only processes artifacts whose last modified date
newer than the last run of the repo scan. I think in your case, since the
artifacts were added directly in the file system, they weren't processed
because of this. To work around this, you need to update the last
modification date of the artifacts that you added by executing the following
command for each artifact directory you added:

*find [DIRECTORY_NAME] | xargs touch*

In the next Archiva release, there will be an option from the web UI to scan
the entire repository so all artifacts get processed regardless of its last
modified date (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1056) :)

Thanks,
Deng