Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au> on 2008/07/28 13:37:41 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] V 2.2.9: configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --enable-mod etc

Hi Davide

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 10:24 +0200, Davide Bianchi wrote:
> Ron Savage wrote:
> > I tried the command I used with V 2.2.8, with variations, but can't get
> > configure to work. I could not see this problem in the archives.
>
> And what does ./configure --help shows about '--enable-mod' ?
> Davide

It shows:

--enable-modules=MODULE-LIST
                          Space-separated list of modules to enable |
"all" | "most"

and I used:

(3)
ron@zoe:~/httpd-2.2.9$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/httpd/prefork
--with-mpm=prefork --enable-modules="info status auth-digest deflate"

Sorry. Still can't see the problem :-(.

--
Ron Savage
ron@savage.net.au

RE: [users@httpd] V 2.2.9: configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --enable-mod etc

Posted by "O'DELL, TODD E (ATTOPS)" <to...@att.com>.
Why not just call out each module? Rather than the space separated list just do something like:
--enable-info \
--enable-status \
etc.

Actually I normal build it as shared so it's:
--enable-info=shared \
--enable-status=shared
etc.

Todd

________________________________

	On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 10:24 +0200, Davide Bianchi wrote:
	> Ron Savage wrote:
	> > I tried the command I used with V 2.2.8, with variations, but can't get
	> > configure to work. I could not see this problem in the archives.
	>
	> And what does ./configure --help shows about '--enable-mod' ?
	> Davide

	It shows:

	--enable-modules=MODULE-LIST
	                         Space-separated list of modules to enable |
	"all" | "most"

	and I used:

	(3)
	ron@zoe:~/httpd-2.2.9$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/httpd/prefork
	--with-mpm=prefork --enable-modules="info status auth-digest deflate"

	Sorry. Still can't see the problem :-(.

I faced the exact same problem with the new release 2.2.9 ..... struggled with it for few hours ... then dediced to use 2.2.8 .... which worked perfect on those same options.

	--

	सादर
	Agnello Dsouza

Re: [users@httpd] V 2.2.9: configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --enable-mod etc

Posted by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au>.
Hi Angello

> I faced the exact same problem with the new release 2.2.9 .....
> struggled with it for few hours ... then dediced to use 2.2.8 ....
> which worked perfect on those same options.

Arrrrrggggghhhhh! Many thanx! I wondered if it was an Apache problem.

Posted by Agnello George <ag...@gmail.com>.