Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com> on 2018/11/13 18:24:19 UTC

log real ip using X-Forwarded-For header

Hi,
we are running ATS 7.1.5 and looking for a way to log the real client IPs.
we have NGINX in front , so the real IP is hidden , however NGINX does set
both X-Real-IP and X-Forwarded-For headers , so we just need a way to
extract them to the log files.
BR,
Erez

--
Sent from: http://apache-traffic-server.24303.n7.nabble.com/

Re: log real ip using X-Forwarded-For header

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com>.
Yeah, I realized I typo'd it as soon as I sent it, but since you had the
link I was confident you'd figure it out.

Re: log real ip using X-Forwarded-For header

Posted by ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com>.
thanks Alan Carroll-2,

it turns out i had to use:
%<{X-Real-IP}c*qh*>
instead of
%<{X-Real-IP}c*hq*>

BR,
erez

Posted by ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com>.
thanks.
are you sure this works with 7.1.5 ?
BR,
erez

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com>.
%<{X-Real-IP}chq> ?

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/logging/formatting.en.html?highlight=chi#admin-logging-fields-headers

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> we are running ATS 7.1.5 and looking for a way to log the real client IPs.
> we have NGINX in front , so the real IP is hidden , however NGINX does set
> both X-Real-IP and X-Forwarded-For headers , so we just need a way to
> extract them to the log files.
> BR,
> Erez
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-traffic-server.24303.n7.nabble.com/

--
*Beware the fisherman who's casting out his line in to a dried up riverbed.*
*Oh don't try to tell him 'cause he won't believe. Throw some bread to the