Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Papper <mp...@geocities.com> on 2000/10/02 04:22:46 UTC

how to turn off default loading of all directories under webapps

Is there an easy way (short of removing the dam webapps directory) of
telling tomcat
to NOT load all the directories (as contexts) it sees under webapps?

I would assume that most websites would like to have host/page.html be
their url rather than forcing the user to type in an extra path, like
host:/path/page.html.

Any ideas? The config doc certainly does not metion this at all.

While I'm here: any idea on thread pooling when using tomcat inside Iis –
I realize that iis can do throttling, but can tomcat use a thread pools
for its servlets?

--
Mike Papper, E-mail: mpapp@geocities.com
Hardhat Wholesale, 180 Borica St., San Francisco, CA 94127