Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fischman_98 <mf...@powerconsultantsinc.com> on 2006/10/04 03:12:15 UTC

Access Request Scope Bean in Servlet Filter

Is there anyway to access a ManagedBean that is set in the faces config file
to request scope in a ServletFiler?

What I want to do is confirm that the bean exists before letting the view
display.

Thanks.

Re: Access Request Scope Bean in Servlet Filter

Posted by fischman_98 <mf...@powerconsultantsinc.com>.
Marco,

Thanks so much...that is exactly what I was looking for...Although I think
I'm going to go with the thoughts at the bottom of the WIKI...using the
Phase Listener..

In closing, I'm sure there may be better ways for doing this but more
importantly, there are probably good reasons for not doing this at all and
changing to Phase Listeners and staying within the JSF framework which I
think is an important topic for continued discussion.

Posted by Marco Pöhler <ma...@poehlerpoehler.de>.
Hi fischman_98,