Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Hoang Nguyen Vi Cam Violon <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/12 03:26:52 UTC

Forward proxy get trouble with https

Hi,

Currently I configure the TS as a forward proxy by change these fields to:
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0
I also configured a cache path for TS and there was a "cache.db" has been created.
Everything works correctly except HTTPS.
For ex: if I go to sourceforge.net then I click on log in link, which redirect me to https log in page. Unfortunately, the browser tells me that "Unnable to connect". But if I click "try again" many times (five or more). The page can be displayed but incorrect layout.

So please help me to solve this. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Cam Hoang

Re: Forward proxy get trouble with https

Posted by Hoang Nguyen Vi Cam Violon <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Yes. I configure my lab as below:

client ------> proxy -----> internet
And when client browse to HTTPs resource it returns "Unable to connect"

Error.log:
20101112.13h22m28s RESPONSE: sent 192.168.100.102 status 502 (Tunnel Connection Failed) for 'xxx.xxx.xxx:443/'

Extended2.log
192.168.100.102 - - [12/Nov/2010:13:22:28 +0700] "CONNECT xxx.xxx.xxx:443/ HTTP/1.1" 502 231 000 0 0 0 198 279 297 0 0 DIRECT FIN FIN ERR_CONNECT_FAIL

But if I try to refresh many times. It works again. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Cam Hoang

On 11/11/2010 07:26 PM, Hoang Nguyen Vi Cam Violon wrote:

        Hi,

Currently I configure the TS as a forward proxy by change these fields
to:

CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 0

CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0

I also configured a cache path for TS and there was a "cache.db" has
been created.

Everything works correctly except HTTPS.

For ex: if I go to sourceforge.net then I click on log in link, which
redirect me to https log in page. Unfortunately, the browser tells me
that "Unnable to connect". But if I click "try again" many times (five
or more). The page can be displayed but incorrect layout.

So please help me to solve this. Thank you very much and have a nice
day.

        Sincerely,

        Cam Hoang

I'll take a look at this on Monday or Tuesday. I assume in this setup,
your client sends CONNECT requests to the proxy for the HTTPS requests?

-- Leif

Re: Forward proxy get trouble with https

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.