Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org> on 2013/06/22 17:58:56 UTC

Patching javadocs

Greetings,

I have some time to patch frame injection vulnerability in the project
javadocs. Since this is the first time publishing the docs, I'd like
someone to verify the process for me. From
http://continuum.apache.org/development/publishing-site.html it appears
that I:

  * check out the source under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/site-publish
  * patch the docs
  * run "mvn site site:stage scm-publish:publish-scm"

That should update the existing docs.

How should we ensure new docs don't get published with the vulnerability?
Would that be something we'd do with enforcer and require versions?

Brent

Re: Patching javadocs

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
That explains why there were no vulnerabilities found.

Thanks Olivier!

Re: Patching javadocs

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
I did it already :-)

Re: Patching javadocs

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Louis,

Re: Patching javadocs

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Patching javadocs

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Brent,

That Maven command would be if you were generating for a particular release, from the main Continuum tree.

If you are adjusting site-publish using the fix tool, you just need to check in the results.

It sounds like there's some work going on in Maven land to do some prevention of bad Javadoc being published in the future.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter