Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/07/16 00:02:42 UTC

[ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

If you're name is on the proposed scheduled (copied below), please
acknowledge/confirm that you are coming to AC and/or the Meetup and
are willing/interested to speak.

Please reply to the _general@lucene.apache.org_ list (even though I've
bcc'd many of you to make sure you get this) by Saturday, July 18th at
5 PM EDT with your confirmation.  If no response by then, we will
assume you are not interested in speaking and will remove you from the
list.  If you reply in private, I will forward your response to
general@.

Edits based on feedback.  I will add these to the wiki as the proposed
schedule once we have confirmations:

Proposed Schedule:

Day 1: (Thursday, I believe)
09:00 - 10:00 REGISTRATION

10:00 - 10:50 Session 1:  Intro to the Lucene Ecosystem.  We have 10
projects, let's intro them.  5 minutes per project.  (Grant)

10:50 - 11:15  BREAK

11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Lucene Basics and New Features (Michael Busch)

12:05 - 13:30 LUNCH

13:30 - 14:20 Keynote Session

14:30 - 15:20 Session 3: Solr out of the Box (Hoss)

15:20 - 16:00 BREAK

16:00 - 16:50 Session 4:  Intro to Nutch (Andrzej? or other Nutch
committer?) or Business talk by Marc K. since no one on Nutch has
stepped up yet.

17:00 - 17:50 Session 5: Lucene and Solr Performance Tuning (Mark
Miller)

Day 2:
10:00 - 10:50 Session 1: Implementing an Information Retrieval
Framework for an Organizational Repository - Sithu D Sudarsan

10:50 - 11:15  BREAK

11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Modeling "nature" for fun and profit: How
Mahout can help make more out of your data (Isabel Drost or other
Mahout committer)

12:05 - 13:30 LUNCH

13:30 - 14:20 Keynote Session

14:30 - 15:20 Session 3:   MIME Magic w/ Apache Tika (Jukka)

15:20 - 16:00 BREAK

16:00 - 16:50 Session 4: Building Intelligent Search Applications
using the Lucene Ecosystem (Ted Dunning)

17:00 - 17:50 Session 5:  Realtime Search - (Jason Rutherglen)

Backup Talks:

Open Source Search with Lucene in the Enterprise (Marc Krellenstein) -
Business talk
Solr Beyond the Box (Hoss)
Promote some of the meetup talks up

Meetup:

-. Food??????
-. Introduction and Icebreaker
-. Solr Flair: User interfaces powered by Apache Solr (20 mins) - Erik
Hatcher
-. Intro to Droids (20 mins) - Thorsten
-. Geo-spatial search with Lucene (Uwe Schindler)  (20 mins)
-. Intro to Katta (Stefan?) (20 mins)
-. Lightning Talks  (5 minutes a piece, first come, first served)
    - Open Relevance
    - Lucene Ports
    - Others
-. Social

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yah, hotel isn't necessary for me.

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> OK, here's the deal on costs:
>
> Speaker is responsible for:
> 1. Airfare/Travel
>
> ApacheCon is responsible for:
> 1. Conference fee
> 2. 2 nights in hotel
>
> If this changes anyone's plans, please let us know by Saturday, per the
> deadline.

I confirm that I will be there to deliver the talk on Nutch - I'd like
to adjust the title and synopsis of the talk a bit, though.

I need to stay at the hotel.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
OK, here's the deal on costs:

Speaker is responsible for:
1. Airfare/Travel

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
Sorry I'm a day late, but I can confirm I can do a 20 min Katta Intro.

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am coming and I would do the performance/tuning talk.

- Mark

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
http://www.deepdyve.com
858-414-0013 (m)
408-773-0220 (fax)

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
acknowledged/confirmed/willing/interested :)

I'll be there!

	Erik

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 06:02:42PM -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> 11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Modeling "nature" for fun and profit: How
> Mahout can help make more out of your data (Isabel Drost or other Mahout
> committer)

Confirming as well.

Isabel

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Isabel Drost <id...@htwm.de>.
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 06:02:42PM -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> 11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Modeling "nature" for fun and profit: How
> Mahout can help make more out of your data (Isabel Drost or other Mahout
> committer)

Confirming for myself as well. (This time with correct From: header in mail.)

Isabel

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Grant Ingersoll<gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Day 2:
> [...]
> 14:30 - 15:20 Session 3:   MIME Magic w/ Apache Tika (Jukka)

Confirmed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed for the talk on near realtime search.