Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by "Lee, Lup Yuen" <lu...@appkaki.com> on 2022/12/27 23:18:43 UTC

Article: NuttX for PinePhone: LCD Panel

NuttX Mainline now boots with a Test Pattern on Pine64 PinePhone! (Arm64 /
Allwinner A64 SoC)

This article explains what's inside our new NuttX Driver for PinePhone's
LCD Panel...

https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/lcd

Lup

Re: Article: NuttX for PinePhone: LCD Panel

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
How would you handle the numerous color resolutions (mono, greyscale,
various 8, 16, 24,32 color formats)?  How would you handle different color
representations (RGB multiplexed, CMYK multiplexed, planar colors, etc.).
Rotations?  Interleaved pixels? If it does not work with all video
hardware, it really can't be a system solution.  See
include/nuttx/video/fb.h for a list of some color formats.

An alternative place to do this in the graphics application.  NX, for
example, already can put up the log initially and this works on all
displays.

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
Exactly my thought too :-) :-)

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.