Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by "Guruju, Lakshmi Sravya" <la...@sap.com> on 2016/11/04 12:51:46 UTC

Not able to access engine after successful deployment

Hi,

I have setup predictionIo successfully on a linux VM. Event server is running at http://localhost:7070.

I am using elasticseacrh as data storage and it is up and running at http://localhost:9200

But when I am trying to deploy Recommendation engine, deployment was  successful but I am not able to access it at localhost. You can see the below trace after successful deployment.

[WARN] [WorkflowUtils$] Non-empty parameters supplied to org.template.recommendation.Preparator, but its constructor does not accept any arguments. Stubbing with empty parameters.
[WARN] [WorkflowUtils$] Non-empty parameters supplied to org.template.recommendation.Serving, but its constructor does not accept any arguments. Stubbing with empty parameters.
[INFO] [Remoting] Starting remoting
[INFO] [Remoting] Remoting started; listening on addresses :[akka.tcp://sparkDriver@10.97.137.228:40932]
[WARN] [MetricsSystem] Using default name DAGScheduler for source because spark.app.id is not set.
[INFO] [Engine] Using persisted model
[INFO] [Engine] Custom-persisted model detected for algorithm org.template.recommendation.ALSAlgorithm
[WARN] [ALSModel] User factor does not have a partitioner. Prediction on individual records could be slow.
[WARN] [ALSModel] User factor is not cached. Prediction could be slow.
[WARN] [ALSModel] Product factor does not have a partitioner. Prediction on individual records could be slow.
[WARN] [ALSModel] Product factor is not cached. Prediction could be slow.
[INFO] [MasterActor] Undeploying any existing engine instance at http://0.0.0.0:8000
[WARN] [MasterActor] Nothing at http://0.0.0.0:8000
[INFO] [HttpListener] Bound to /0.0.0.0:8000
[INFO] [MasterActor] Engine is deployed and running. Engine API is live at http://0.0.0.0:8000.

$ curl -i -X GET "http://localhost:8000"
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8000: Connection refused

I have also tried with different ports but nothing worked. Could someone please help me resolve these.

Regards,
Sravya

RE: Not able to access engine after successful deployment

Posted by "Guruju, Lakshmi Sravya" <la...@sap.com>.
Hi Tom,

I am able to access both event server and elasticsearch at http://localhost:7070 and https://localhost:9200 respectively. The problem is only with engine server

Also, I am able to access curl -i -X GET "http://0.0.0.0:8000" with in VM only, but I require to access it outside the VM

Regards,
Sravya

Posted by Tom Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
I'd search for "virtualbox port forwarding" (say you're using virtualbox)
for details of how to set it up.

Tom

On Nov 5, 2016 12:32 AM, "Guruju, Lakshmi Sravya" <
lakshmi.sravya.guruju@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>

> You are right.  Port seems to be closed. When I try nmap to display open
ports, I got below result. At this moment the engine is deployed but still
8000 port is not open. How can I make it open so that I can access it
outside the VM.

> Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
>
> Not shown: 996 closed ports
>
> PORT     STATE SERVICE
>
> 22/tcp   open  ssh
>
> 5432/tcp open  postgresql