Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Pierre Henry <ph...@proconcept.ch> on 2002/11/01 14:00:48 UTC

login problem with newapp - ORA-00942 / NoClassDefFound

Hi all!

I'm new to Turbine (and to Jakarta in general...).

I installed the TDK-2.2-rc1 on my win2k machine to use it with Oracle 9.2.
Then I followed the procedure from the TDK Howto to install the example app.

- modified build.properties :
"tdk.project = turbinetest" and "project = turbinetest";

and the database data :

database.name = turbine_app
database = oracle
createDatabaseUrl = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:local
buildDatabaseUrl = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:local
databaseUrl= jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:local
databaseDriver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
databaseUser = turbine_app
databasePassword = turbine_app
databaseHost = phe2000
database.manual.creation = true

- put the Oracle JDBC driver (file named ojdbc14.jar) into the
...\tdk-2.2-rc1\webapps\turbinetest\WEB-INF\lib directory.

- I created the schema "turbine_app" with password "turbine_app" in Oracle.

- I launched the build process ("ant init") which worked and properly
populated my "turbine_app" schema.

- I added these lines to torque.properties :

torque.database.default=turbinetest
torque.database.turbinetest.adapter=oracle
torque.database.adaptor=DBOracle
torque.database.adaptor.DBOracle=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

- When I try to access the app with the url
http://localhost:8088/turbinetest/servlet/turbinetest.
I get the login screen, but the next screen has an error in the center pane
:

java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): ORA-00942:
Table ou vue inexistante at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:250) at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:225) at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.(TurbineUserPeer.java:17
0) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager
.java:153) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager
.java:241) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUse
r(BaseSecurityService.java:308) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(Tu
rbineSecurity.java:194) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:111)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec
etc...

This error is also in the turbine.log file.

When I try some of the links on the page, I get the login screen again, and
then an exception again but different (extract from turbine.log):

[Fri Nov 01 13:40:11 CET 2002] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException: null
[Fri Nov 01 13:40:11 CET 2002] -- ERROR --
	Exception:  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	Stack Trace follows:
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager
.java:153)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager
.java:241)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUse
r(BaseSecurityService.java:308)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(Tu
rbineSecurity.java:194)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:111)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:509)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:658)

The first error (oracle error) appears only the first time I try to log in,
and then comes invariably the second one.

I searched the mailing list for an answer and there were some related
topics, but they they are all pretty old and the organisation of the config
files seems to have changed since the use of a decoupled torque...

I don't know where to look any more, I would be grateful for any help !

Greetings,

Pierre Henry