Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Mark Bram <re...@optusnet.com.au> on 2004/05/14 14:01:35 UTC

Issues with vs

Hi All!

So far I have the following target to run a GUI in a separate JVM that
will outlast Ant:

<target name="tickerclock">
    <java classname="clock.TickerClock"
          classpath="${clink_jar}:${xerces_jar}:${xml_jar}:${classes}"
          fork="true"
          spawn="true">
    </java>
</target>

I have two problems:
1) How can I have it open a new command window to do this?
2) How can I specify the name of the new command window (or just the gui's
frame)?
3) How can I send the output to a file?

I was using this instead:
    <exec executable="java">
       <arg line="-classpath
${clink_jar}:${xerces_jar}:${xml_jar}:${classes} clock.TickerClock 'Ticker
Clock'"/>
    </exec>

But the problem I found was the path separator in this form is *not*
portable.. i.e. I am back to using ":" for Linux and ";" for Windows..

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus