Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/10 13:14:11 UTC

Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Camel 3.0 Release Candidate 1
============================

I think its time we should close down on the Camel 3.0 release
and get out first release candidate out.

The CI server has been looking good lately, we had a few bumps the
last couple of builds due some new changes. But the next build is
expected to pass
https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel/job/master/

Since the milestone 4 release we have done a number of noteworthy improvements:

1)
Renamed components to use normalised names, eg http4 -> http, quartz2
-> quartz, etc.
This gives us a "fresh start" on Camel 3.

2)
Introduced JUnit 5 support with the new camel-test-junit5 (more work to come).

3)
Improved properties component to by default work better in
container/cloud's where
ENV variables can override configurations.

4)
You can now configure MDC logging to propagste more or all keys by patterns.

5)
Mock endpoints will now fail fast on first arrived message that fails
an expecations.
Beforehand they may on fail after assertion timeout.

6)
Fixed an issue with auto configuring Map types in
application.properties with Camel Spring Boot

6)
Intercept send to endpoint can now invoke an after processor that
allows to do before/after processing.

7)
Testing with advice with now support advicing onException and interceptors.

8)
Added new tracer implementation

In addition there are other changes and bug fixes, new components,
etc. And we had some API changes such as deprecating the OUT message
on Exchange (use getMessage), and the attachment API was externalised
to camel-attachments etc. So the modularisation of camel-core was
further improve a bit. We have also improve startup of Camel to avoid
doing some try .. catch ignore exceptions.

You can find all the JIRA tickets for this release at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/versions/12345723

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I am working on a bit more on fast configuration of options, so lets
wait until tomorrow at the earliest

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 08.55, Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>
wrote:

> I will start the release process tonight.

+1

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release candidate 1.

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the migration guide, it's really helpful for the user
switch Camel 3.x.
Maybe we can add a migration guide link in the release page of Camel
3.0 to let people to find out it when they look for the release kit.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Apache Camel 3.0 RC1