Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/09/12 22:44:24 UTC

ANT +BUILD + LUCENE

Hi

Guys

Apologies..........

The Task for me is to build the Index folder using Lucene &  a simple
Build.xml  for ANT

The Problem ...... Same 'Build .xml'  should be used for differnet O/s...
[ Win / Linux ]

The glitch is  respective jar files such as Lucene-1.4 .jar & other jar
files are not in same dir for the O/s.
Also the  I/p , O/p Indexer path for source/target may also vary.

Please Somebody Help me..... :(

with regards
Karthik

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]

Re: ANT +BUILD + LUCENE

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Karthik,

You are still being a bit cryptic and making it hard for me to
comprehend what the problem is, but here are some general pieces of
advice with Ant related to what I think you are doing:

* There is no need to use conditional logic to have a different set of
properties for different operating systems.  There is an implicit and
declarative way to do this:

	 <property file="${os.name}.properties"/>

But whitespace gets in the way, so you could use the ant-contrib
<osfamily> (http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/index.html) which
would be cleaner than the value of ${os.name}.

* Using IndexFiles from the demo is awkward, to me.  Why not give the
sandbox <index> task a try?

* Ant has a <pathconvert> task that might be handy for you.

Please post how you are using <java> (I can only presume), if that is
the issue.

	Erik

RE: ANT +BUILD + LUCENE

Re: ANT +BUILD + LUCENE