Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alan Francis <al...@owl.co.uk> on 1999/10/25 18:15:50 UTC

WAR files

Does Tomcat support compressed WARs ?  All examples I've seen so far have
isWARExpanded set to true...

A.
--
Alan C Francis <al...@owl.co.uk> [ http://www.owl.co.uk/ ]

Re: WAR files

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
The servlet specification. You can find a link off of
java.sun.com/products/servlet.

rhanckel wrote:

> hi alan,
>
> where or who provides the specification of war files.  it sounded like it
> came
> from sun soft but i can't find information about them.  where do i go to
> learn
> about these?
>
> thx,
>
> bob
>
> Alan Francis wrote:
>
> > Does Tomcat support compressed WARs ?  All examples I've seen so far have
> > isWARExpanded set to true...
> >
> > A.
> > --
> > Alan C Francis <al...@owl.co.uk> [ http://www.owl.co.uk/ ]

Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: WAR files

Posted by rhanckel <rh...@us.oracle.com>.
thanks!  for some reason sun's search engine didn't come up with a hit.

Re: WAR files

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.

Re: WAR files

Posted by rhanckel <rh...@us.oracle.com>.

Re: WAR files

Posted by James Todd <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
check out:

Re: WAR files

Posted by rhanckel <rh...@us.oracle.com>.
  thanks!

costin@eng.sun.com wrote:

> > where or who provides the specification of war files.  it sounded like it
> > came
> > from sun soft but i can't find information about them.  where do i go to
> > learn
> > about these?
>
> It's part of the Servlet Specification since version 2.2
>
> Costin

Re: WAR files

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.

Re: WAR files

Posted by rhanckel <rh...@us.oracle.com>.
hi alan,

Re: WAR files

Posted by James Todd <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
almost ... it should be able to serve up fully qualified requests
for static files and servlets. the directory listing (DefaultServlet)
and ServletClassLoader need a bit more tweaking and it should
be done. that and the WAR protocol should be optimized a bit.

as soon as i wrap up some of the j2ee dependencies i'm involved
with at the moment i had hoped to shift back to this piece of the
code.

hope this helps,

- james