Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/22 15:19:32 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release

I'd like to see a WS-I BP 1.1 compliance option added.

Anne

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

On Jan 4, 2008 9:47 PM, Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks Deepal for narrowing the list down here.  I just wanted to add a
> few things.

> > Do we have to run any standard test suite to claim the compliance? I
> mean for JAXWS we have to pass the SUNs' TCK.
>
> Yes, someone with access to the Apache CTS buckets will need to run the
> JAXWS TCK.  I'm not familiar with what the access restrictions are on this
> though.  Is anyone aware of how this process works within Apache?
>  Regardless, I believe the suite must be run by someone not working on the
> code.

I did some background search on this and there are some information found in
this page. http://www.apache.org/jcp/ . According to that Apache have the
JSR 2224 : JAXWS TCK version 2.0 since from the 10th May 2006. .But seems
there is a version 2.1 in the Suns web. For the start Nick, lets narrow down
infomation on this perticularly about the version of the TCK and basic
infomation about the environment of Axis2 that we point against the TCK.
But  my view is having basic knowledge of the code will be a massive help
for the person who will be getting the suit run against the axis2 runtime.

+1 for including this in the next release.

> > On Dec 19, 2007 12:02 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Devs and Users,
> > >
> > > I saw a number of users asking about the next release of Axis2 , so I
> > > doing a release on end of February ?
> > >
> > > So in the release I would like to see following list of items
> > >  - Support for RPC-Encoded
> > >  - Full support for JAX-WS
> > >  - Enhance NIO transport support
> > > -  Discuss and implement dynamic phase rule support
> > >  - Fix the issues we found at MS PlugFest
> > >  - Anything else .....   ??
> > >

> I want to clarify the second item here, Full support for JAX-WS.  Beyond
> getting the TCK running and complete, what is your expectation for this
> work?  I would anticipate this to include a better integration of JAX-WS
> into the Axis2 deployment model.  A preliminary description of this is
> included AXIS2-3223.  There's work that could be done to further simplify
> things after this is complete, but what's described in that JIRA is the
> first step.

+1 , I guess for the having a bettter doployment model will help the TCK
stuff done easily. So this proposal is about the full AAR based deployment
and I saw some code by Deepal which was about POJO based deployment ?

> Also, I'd like to add Java 6 tolerance (at least for JAX-WS) to the list.
>  As of today, there are compile errors when running with a Java 6 JDK.  I
> think we can include Java 6 support first for JAX-WS Apps and can consider
> extending that to the other programming models if others feel an immediate
> need.  I've opened JIRA AXIS2-3425 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3425) with more information.

+1

Thanks

Lahiru Sandkith

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
There are no standard tests for a product, only for the WSDLs and SOAP
messages generated by the product. Axis2 frequently generates
non-compliant WSDLs -- e.g., a service with multiple operations with
non-unique signatures, where the signature is defined as the qname of
the child element of the SOAP Body. If we properly supported wrapped
document/literal, then it's very likely that would resolve the WS-I
non-compliance issues.

It would be useful to have a switch that requests WS-I compliance,
which would then automatically generate wrapped style.

Anne

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 22, 2007 7:49 PM, Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see a WS-I BP 1.1 compliance option added.

Axis2 do have most of the Basic profile  features.  Do we have to run any
standard test suite to claim the
compliance? I mean for  JAXWS we have to pass the SUNs' TCK.

Amila.

> Anne
>
> On Dec 19, 2007 12:02 AM, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > Hi Devs and Users,
> >
> > I saw a number of users asking about the next release of Axis2 , so I
> > think its good time to think about that. We did our last release on
> > August , looking at the mailing list and JIRA I can assume that the
> > release is very stable release.  However in the meantime we have few
> > items that we need to implement that we discussed over the mailing list
> > for the next release. And there are a few bug fixes and new features
> > that users have ask about , so taking all those into account how about
> > doing a release on end of February ?
> >
> > So in the release I would like to see following list of items
> >  - Support for RPC-Encoded
> >  - Full support for JAX-WS
> >  - Enhance NIO transport support
> > -  Discuss and implement dynamic phase rule support
> >  - Fix the issues we found at MS PlugFest
> >  - Anything else .....   ??
> >
> > In addition to that we need to identify the issues that we are going to
> > fix in next release , for that I would like ask Axis2 users to go and
> > create a JIRA or change the priority of JIRA if they want some issues or
> > features (s)he like to see in next release. In the meantime if someone
> > think to fix some particular issue for next release then please go and
> > mark the issue as blocker. But please do not just mark issue as blocker
> > provide some useful information specifying what do you think its is
> > important.
> >
> > So let's target Axis2 1.4 on end of February , and here is my +1 for the
> > release.
> >
> > -Deepal

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

RE: [Axis2] Release plan and road map for Axis2 1.4 release

Posted by "Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" <ho...@bah.com>.

There are several reasons why it is a very good idea to have the Axis2
auto-generated WSDLs be WS-I compliant.

Though the services will work with most clients without issue (as is the
case now), WSDL verification tools will clearly declare the WSDL as
invalid, and the WS-I test suite will fail the WSDL. Also, some strict
integration tool sets may fail.

As a good baseline, the SOAP 1.1 auto-generated bindings should at least
be WS-I BP 1.1 compliant.

Thanks,

Nadeem

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.