Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Casti <da...@neosynapse.net> on 2002/11/08 23:29:05 UTC

0.15 seg faults after build

I am having trouble building 0.15 from the svn distribution (haven't tried
the tarball yet).  I downloaded the latest db library (4.1.24) as well apr
and apr-util, and everything built successfully -- at least, no fatal
errors.  However, when I try to crank up a new repository, I seg fault
right away --

[root@mail defender]# svnadmin create /home/subversion
Segmentation fault

-- This is on a linux box.  Previously I was using 0.14.3 and had lots of
problems with losing data in unrecoverable repositories.  Before I started
posting the problems to the list I wanted to upgrade to the latest version
to see if they had been fixed.

I'll go in search of the tarball.  Meanwhile, any thoughts on this
segmentation fault?

Thanks,
David.

Re: 0.15 seg faults after build

Posted by Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx>.

Re: 0.15 seg faults after build

Posted by David Casti <da...@neosynapse.net>.
At 06:29 PM 11/8/2002, David Casti wrote:

>I am having trouble building 0.15 from the svn distribution (haven't tried
>the tarball yet).  I downloaded the latest db library (4.1.24)

This was definitely the problem.  For some reason I thought I read "4.0.14
or later", but I must be wrong about that.  4.0.14 worked just fine.

Thanks,
David.