Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Joe Pruitt <j....@f5.com> on 2002/03/19 21:30:10 UTC

SOAP+SSL Slowness

Does anyone have a solution to help speed up the client side random seed generation for ssl based connections?  There seems to be a 5-10 second delay (depending on the platform) in the SecureRandom class.  I've modified the Security propery of "securerandom.source" to a static file which increased the connection time in half (but includes no randomness), but was looking for an alternative to replace just the SecureRandom class in the jdk crypto classes without having to create a full blown custom Provider.

I'm looking into creating a custom native provider to perform the seed generation, but would rather use another approach if that is possible.

I've seen other postings regarding ssl connectivity issues, but none concerning the initial random number generation slowness.  I'm sure others are experiencing this and would appreciate any insights others could provide.

Thanks in advance...

-Joe

  _____

 <http://www.f5.com/iControl> www.f5.com/iControl 	 	 F5 Networks, Inc.
401 Elliott Ave W. Seattle, WA 98119
t: 206.272.5555
f: 206.272.5556
e: j.pruitt@f5.com <ma...@f5.com>
Joe Pruitt
Principal Software Engineer

RE: SOAP, Web Services "training"

Posted by Tim Bertrand <ti...@capeclear.com>.
Since many of the requests & questions on this site are
educational/exploratory in nature, Cape Clear has decided to offer free,
in-depth technical training *every Thursday* on how to build and
integrate Web Services software. The sessions are approximately one hour
and begin at 9:00am PST (12:00 noon EST) with a Q&A session after each
session.
Register at www.capeclear.com/training
Tim Bertrand

RE: SOAP, Web Services "training"