Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/02 20:26:36 UTC

Exposing instance id through topology

Hi Asanka,

I am trying to expose instance id through topology. For that I have made
these changes [1]. I am trying to retrieve instance id of member context
and set it to Member object inside handleMemberCreatedEvent. But I am
getting instance id of member context, which is passed as argument as null.

I went through your code changes and noticed that you have this change of
setting instance id of member in handleMemberInitializedEvent [2].

So just wanted to know if you are able to get instance id there.

[1]
https://github.com/swaprp15/stratos/commit/5770646efe7faa50b8ea2c36391a03e0e404a632
[2]
https://github.com/asankasanjaya/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cloud/controller/messaging/topology/TopologyBuilder.java#L471

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnil

Re: Exposing instance id through topology

Posted by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>.
Okay. Thanks Asanka!

I also found following log after Member Created and before Member
Initialized message where I can see the instance id.

[2015-07-02 18:49:21,047]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.iaases.JcloudsIaas} -  Retrieving
private IP addresses MemberContext [applicationId=single-cartridge-app,
cartridgeType=php, clusterId=single-cartridge-app.my-php.php.domain,
memberId=single-cartridge-app.my-php.php.domain35a7c134-9500-4fe3-bba4-90fa60600076,*
instanceId=ap-southeast-1/i-0bb89bc7*, partition=Partition [id=partition-1,
description=null, isPublic=false, provider=ec2, properties=Properties
[properties=[Property [name=region, value=ap-southeast-1], Property
[name=zone, value=ap-southeast-1a]]]], defaultPrivateIP=172.31.16.59,
defaultPublicIP=54.169.94.233, allocatedIPs=null,
publicIPs=[54.169.94.233], privateIPs=[172.31.16.59],
initTime=1435862583270, lbClusterId=null,
networkPartitionId=network-partition-1, kubernetesPodId=null,
kubernetesPodLabel=null, loadBalancingIPType=Private,
instanceMetadata=org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.domain.InstanceMetadata@2ab353d9,
properties=Properties [properties=[Property [name=PRIMARY, value=false],
Property [name=MIN_COUNT, value=1]]]]

So yes, handleMemberInitialized should get it.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnil

Posted by Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 12:08 AM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Swapnil,
>
> IMO We need to set instance ID in member *initialized *event, not in
> member created event. In member created event I also got member ID as null.
> Because I think that instance ID is not set in member created event.
> Another important thing is we need to do message processor side changes in
> order to expose the instance ID through topology to other components as
> well. See this commit [1].
>
> [1].
> https://github.com/apache/stratos/commit/9f44791884a54499997a0e5d00f7a4b46047b3b2
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Asanka,
>>
>> I am trying to expose instance id through topology. For that I have made
>> these changes [1]. I am trying to retrieve instance id of member context
>> and set it to Member object inside handleMemberCreatedEvent. But I am
>> getting instance id of member context, which is passed as argument as null.
>>
>> I went through your code changes and noticed that you have this change of
>> setting instance id of member in handleMemberInitializedEvent [2].
>>
>> So just wanted to know if you are able to get instance id there.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/swaprp15/stratos/commit/5770646efe7faa50b8ea2c36391a03e0e404a632
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/asankasanjaya/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cloud/controller/messaging/topology/TopologyBuilder.java#L471
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Swapnil

> Regards,
> ASH

ASH

Re: Exposing instance id through topology

Posted by Swapnil Patil <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Asanka!

I will go through message processor side changes.

Regards,
Swapnil

Posted by Asanka Sanjaya Herath <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Swapnil,

wrote:

> Hi Asanka,
>
> I am trying to expose instance id through topology. For that I have made
> these changes [1]. I am trying to retrieve instance id of member context
> and set it to Member object inside handleMemberCreatedEvent. But I am
> getting instance id of member context, which is passed as argument as null.
>
> I went through your code changes and noticed that you have this change of
> setting instance id of member in handleMemberInitializedEvent [2].
>
> So just wanted to know if you are able to get instance id there.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/swaprp15/stratos/commit/5770646efe7faa50b8ea2c36391a03e0e404a632
> [2]
> https://github.com/asankasanjaya/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cloud/controller/messaging/topology/TopologyBuilder.java#L471