Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Thornett <ch...@constantia.io> on 2022/07/13 15:36:15 UTC

[Marketing] For Review: Pluggable Memtable Implementations blog

The 72-hour window for community review is now open for Branimir Lambov's
blog on *Pluggable Memtable Implementations*. Please indicate any amends in
the comments. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iws9gQZCp_80Be_ZfuyAB82X1EhqWihEb35Sevv-JDE/edit
--

Chris Thornett

Re: [Marketing] For Review: Pluggable Memtable Implementations blog

Posted by Benedict <be...@apache.org>.
I’m intrigued by the blocking skip list throughput numbers. By description (and assumption) I would expect it only to block for writes, but the throughput stays static even as the read/write mix changes. Is this expected?

There are other memtable implementations coming too, I think? It looks like 7282 is ready to rock once this lands, and perhaps has even been prepared also by Branimir (I recall seeing it in an earlier PR)? Might be nice to call out another implementation. (I expect at least one more major implementation, but that’s probably a ways off and I don’t think has any suitable ticket or documentation to link)

It looks like a great post though.

Posted by Henrik Ingo <he...@datastax.com>.

--

Henrik Ingo

+358 40 569 7354 <358405697354>

[image: Visit us online.] <https://www.datastax.com/>  [image: Visit us on
Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DataStaxEng>  [image: Visit us on YouTube.]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_channel_UCqA6zOSMpQ55vvguq4Y0jAg&d=DwMFaQ&c=adz96Xi0w1RHqtPMowiL2g&r=IFj3MdIKYLLXIUhYdUGB0cTzTlxyCb7_VUmICBaYilU&m=bmIfaie9O3fWJAu6lESvWj3HajV4VFwgwgVuKmxKZmE&s=16sY48_kvIb7sRQORknZrr3V8iLTfemFKbMVNZhdwgw&e=>
  [image: Visit my LinkedIn profile.] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/heingo/>