Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com> on 2004/02/02 12:49:42 UTC

Re: R: Changes in a PSML referenced by another

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 08:21, Cristina Lissoni wrote:
> I had the same problem.
> I also found out that if you try to modify the included page by clicking
> some "customize" icon from the including page, such changes are not
> permanent.
> I believe that the problem is the caching system, which notices
> modifications in the including page, but is not able to follow includes.
> I am not aware of a solution.
> For experimental purposes I temporarily removed the problem by setting
> services.PsmlManager.cacheSize=1 in JetspeedResources.properties, but of
> course this is not a real solution.

is there some way of trigger the cache flushing/reload mechanism within
the portlet so that this problem can be prevented without turning off
caching (or shortening the caching time to such low value it becomes
useless)?

R: R: Changes in a PSML referenced by another

Posted by Cristina Lissoni <cl...@ais.it>.
My idea was that it should be possible do develop a new administration
portlet to flush pages according to some criteria (e.g. all pages belonging
to a user or to a role).
This should be done by calling the methods query and refresh of the class
CastorPsmlManagerService.
But I never tried.
Cristina