Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/02/28 16:30:40 UTC

Nominations for the Jakata PMC - roll call

Will the following PMC members, please cast their vote:

   James Duncan Davidson
   Pierpaolo Fumagalli
   Craig McClanahan
   Anil Vijendran

The nominees are

   [  ] Peter Donald
   [  ] Diane Holt
   [  ] Ted Husted
   [  ] Ceki Gülcü
   [  ] Geir Magnusson Jr.
   [  ] Daniel F. Savarese
   [  ] Jason van Zyl

- Sam Ruby

Re: Nominations for the Jakata PMC - roll call

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

On the road, sorry for the late response...

> The nominees are
>
>    [+0] Peter Donald
>    [+1] Diane Holt
>    [+1] Ted Husted
>    [+1] Ceki Gülcü
>    [+1] Geir Magnusson Jr.
>    [+0] Daniel F. Savarese
>    [+1] Jason van Zyl
>
> - Sam Ruby

Craig

Re: Nominations for the Jakata PMC - roll call

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.
on 2/28/01 7:30 AM, Sam Ruby at rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

[-1] Peter Donald
[+1] Diane Holt
[+0] Ted Husted
[+1] Ceki Gülcü
[+0] Geir Magnusson Jr.
[+1] Daniel F. Savarese
[+0] Jason van Zyl

--
James Duncan Davidson
http://x180.net/                                             !try; do();

Re: Nominations for the Jakata PMC - roll call

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
I'll shuffle the list, you'll get why...

Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> The nominees are
>
>  [  ] Diane Holt
>  [  ] Ted Husted
>  [  ] Geir Magnusson Jr.
>  [  ] Daniel F. Savarese
>  [  ] Jason van Zyl

Don¹t know them well enough to be able to cast a vote...

>  [+1] Ceki Gülcü

A big fat +1 for Ceki, who has been IMVHO the best addition to our group
lately... Whohooo! :)

>  [+1] Peter Donald

I have been changing the vote up here at least 20 times from +1 to -1 and
back to +1... It's really hard for me to decide on Peter, as, I have to
admit it, he is not my best pal while actually we are in deep conflict most
of the times. But...

<recipient name="Peter">

I have to admit that our disagreements come most of the times from technical
discussions, and the PMC is not about code (as the JSR-096, or Avalon :) but
more about organization and structure of the Jakarta Project itself...

I met you thru the Avalon project, and you kept screwing and screwing all
builds, all design patterns, the Configurable interface (WAARRRRGGHHH) and
so on, and how for one interface, you kept writing 250 abstract classes
extending each other (I am still laughing when I read your last email on the
Daemon JSR - not "deamon" :), so, I have to admit that, yes, I don't like
the way you code. And I don't like your attitude, goddamit, wherever I turn
not to see your face, WHOPS, there you are, thank god you didn't yet tackled
the Tomcat mailing list _that_much_ and please don't do it :)

But I have to admit that you are a smart kid, and when opportunely flamed,
you get right on top of things (read, the one two weeks ago on the Daemon
API and Fede's on Avalon!)... And basically you're omni-present, and that's
very good for a PMC member...

So, welcome, and try not to complicate things too much, you know I like
simple and linear things...

</recipient>

    Pier

Pier Fumagalli  <http://www.betaversion.org/>  <ma...@betaversion.org>