Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2016/01/08 18:43:28 UTC

Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Hi,

updating the CI Infrastructure made Bigtop-trunk all blue.

I will disable the nexus workaroung now for Bigtop-trunk-packages . A new bigtop/slaves:trunk-opensuse-13.2 image is pushed

Olaf

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
> Am 11.01.2016 um 22:59 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>:
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:57PM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:
>>
>>> Am 11.01.2016 um 20:46 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> BTW, shall we be adding opensuse-13.2 to Bigtop-trunk job?
>>
>> Problem is opensuse uses a different repository mechanism "zypper" rather
>> redhat and debian derived distributions. AFAIK this hasn't been implemented.
>
> You're saying it hasn't been implemented for the toolchain or else? Cause we
> don't need package manager just to build the bigtop (well, except for the
> toolchain and deployment part).

Yep the toolchain. Bigtop-trunk creates repositories too, so this would be missing. Have a patch ready to use deployment directly from the CI job.

Since we cannot test without a repository, there is no usecase for running opensuse with Bigtop-trunk.

Olaf

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:57PM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:

> > Am 11.01.2016 um 20:46 schrieb Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>:
> >
> > BTW, shall we be adding opensuse-13.2 to Bigtop-trunk job?
>
> Problem is opensuse uses a different repository mechanism "zypper" rather
> redhat and debian derived distributions. AFAIK this hasn't been implemented.

You're saying it hasn't been implemented for the toolchain or else? Cause we
don't need package manager just to build the bigtop (well, except for the
toolchain and deployment part).

Cos

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi

I am talking about Bigtop-trunk not Bigtop-trunk-packages.
http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk/

That's the all-in-one thingy- opposed to the great visualisation of packages vs operating system matrix.

I tried several aproaches to create a repository out of Bigtop-trunk-packags but it turned out really complicated.
Bigtop-trunk already generates repositories, so I suppose we should carve 1.1 repositories out of Bigtop-trunk rather assembling back the artifacts of Bigtop-trunk-packages.

Re: Bigtop-trunk is all blue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.