Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Henri van den Bulk <hv...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/24 15:39:26 UTC

Attachments and WebDev

I have a need to use attachments with CouchDB and have them accessible via WebDev. Has anyone done this before?

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Henri van den Bulk <hv...@gmail.com>.
We're looking for WebDAV.

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Henri van den Bulk <hv...@gmail.com>.
Oops typo WebDav is what I'm looking for. Allow for a standard way to access attachments from clients. My use case for this is that we'll use the normal APIs to create documents but want clients to have an easy way to access attachments using a protocol that's supported on a number of platforms OOTB.

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net>.

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Henri van den Bulk <hv...@gmail.com>.
Jae -

What middleware have you used for this. One of my thought was to leverage apache webdav proxy mechanism.

According the JIRA issue it seems that there is an issue with the views. So what Erlang based solution would make sense here, something like a view handler?

Henri

Re: Attachments and WebDev

Posted by Jae Hess <ja...@me.com>.
I too had the same needs,