Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LERBSCHER Jean-Pierre <je...@cofiroute.fr> on 2004/09/30 09:41:41 UTC

RE : Synchronization in cluster

Hi,
What are your needs? Why distributed singleton or distributed locking are so
important ?
Perhaps you can use Database to implement locking functionality and Jgroups
library to replicate state (or distributed singleton) across members of a
group (see www.jgroups.org).

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
distributed locking of session data implies you need something like a
distributed cache. If that is the case, maybe you should look at
Coherence.

distributed locking is meant to solve a specific problem, so unless
you really need to synchronize distributed objects like a distributed
cache, I would avoid using it. some people tackle type of problem with
JMS.

unless you plan to extend TC5  session replication with these features
it's going to be  a while.

peter