Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> on 2016/04/03 20:28:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.8.0 RC1

Hi,

We're happy to announce the first release candidate for Apache Kudu
(incubating) 0.8.0.

We are doing time-based releases leading up to 1.0.0 towards the end of the
summer, with one 0.x.0 release every two months.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts were staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kudu/0.8.0-RC1/

It was built from this tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-kudu.git;a=commit;h=7874185b07198267229c1cc921b21549ea16cf53

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kudu/blob/master/docs/release_notes.adoc#rn_0.8.0

KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README, building Kudu, and running the unit
tests.

Please try the release and vote; vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,

J-D

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.8.0 RC1

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1

I downloaded the tarball, built Kudu, ran the C++ and Java tests.

I'm also currently running YCSB on a 6 nodes cluster with a 0.8.0 jar and
packages that I built, looks good so far.

J-D

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1

* Ran RAT, it passed (and submitted a patch so it gets run automatically
when building the source artifact in the future)
* Validated checksums, verified sig
* Release notes look good
* Built in debug mode on Ubuntu 15.04 using the gold linker and default
cmake build settings
* Tests passed

Thanks for running the release, JD!

Mike

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Note I had to increase the ulimit to 2048 in order to run the C++ tests.

   - Built from source on OSX. All tests passed individually, though the
   ctest command falsely reported that some tests failed. Dan is looking into
   this. It may be a bug introduced in El Capitan.
   - Built the Java client. All tests passed (a few are flakey).

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Compiled in release mode and ran tests on OS X 10.10 and Fedora 23.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.