Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/26 23:49:39 UTC

[RESULT] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?

The vote to officially accept the contribution of SQLJ support to the
core iBATIS source base has failed.

  *  A quick count count of all votes (unofficial, but conclusive;
binding and non-binding) yields:
      - 5 votes for,
      - 5 votes impartial, and
      - 10 votes against.
  * Two votes in favor can be counted from the contributors.
  * All binding votes were against.

It is clear that the community does not show a great deal of support
for SQLJ, nor do the committers, thus iBATIS will not officially
support SQLJ.  iBATIS 2.x development has stabilized to maintenance
only.  Thus we do not expect further major changes or features to be
introduced, as development of iBATIS 3.0 nears  Alpha stage.

We welcome the contributors to either find a way to add this support
without modifying the iBATIS source code, or by forking the source and
maintaining their own parallel release.

Best regards,
Clinton Begin

Re: [RESULT] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?

Posted by Mario Ds Briggs <ma...@in.ibm.com>.
thanks clinton. Graciously accepted.

We welcome the contributors to either find a way to add this support
without modifying the iBATIS source code.
<<

Assumed following Jeff's suggestion, a simple 'Executor' registration
mechanism is acceptable.

thanks
Mario

             Clinton Begin
             <clinton.begin@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       iBatis Java Mail List
             27/01/2009 04:19          <us...@ibatis.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             user-java@ibatis.         [RESULT] Should iBATIS support