Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/12 19:09:31 UTC

Redirect MyFaces Orchestra/CODI to DeltaSpike

During the last MyFaces board report, a board member made the following comment:

      A quick look at myfaces.a.o doesn't make it clear that
      CDI/Deltaspike is the recommended approach for new users.

Is there someone in either the MyFaces or DeltaSpike community who
would be willing to review and update the MyFaces Orchestra/CODI
documentation to redirect those individuals looking at Orchestra and
CODI to DeltaSpike?

Re: Redirect MyFaces Orchestra/CODI to DeltaSpike

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi mike,

for CODI such a hint is in place since 2013 (see the bold red text in the
first line at [1]).

regards,
gerhard

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EXTCDI/Index

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi mike,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Orchestra initially targeted Spring. DeltaSpike is for CDI.

Nonetheless I think it is ok to redirect to DeltaSpike as we moved the functionality over to CDI and Spring did reimplement most Orchestra features in their own way themselves.
In other words Orchestra is now legacy and we should mark that it's not actively supported anymore.

LieGrue,
strub