Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Priest <Ro...@bentley.com> on 2003/04/23 16:47:35 UTC

Ignore case on a element

Hello,

I have an application: http://localhost:8080/WEL

and for it I have a context setup as:

 <Context path="/WEL" docBase="WEL" debug="0" reloadable="true">
			     <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
			     prefix="PW_WEL." suffix=".log"
timestamp="true"/>
		     </Context>

but I need that "/WEL" path to be case-insensitive. So that a user can hit
either http://localhost:8080/WEL or http://localhost:8080/wel and the same
instance of the servlet
is hit.

if I set up two <Context/> elements, like so:

 <Context path="/WEL" ...>
 <Context path="/wel" ...>

then that will essentially cause two instances of my servlet to be started.

Does anyone know how to ignore the case for a context path? Maybe I missed
it, but I didn't see anything in the documentation.