Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Natalia Costas Lago <na...@cesga.es> on 2017/09/26 07:37:44 UTC

Add additional local storage

Hi,

We added a new raid volume as local storage in our nodes that is faster
than the local storage we have been using so far. We would like to add
this new "Local-SSD" storage volume but it seems it is not possible
without replacing the old one. We do not want to replace the default
/var/lib/libvirt storage, we want to add a new alternative directory for
faster local storage and choose to deploy between the slow or the fast one.

Is that possible?

Kind regards,

Natalia Costas Lago
Senior Communications Technician
Galicia Supercomputing Centre (CESGA)
(CESGA on Twitter  |  CESGA on Facebook)

Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Vida)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

E-mail: natalia@cesga.es
Cell: +34 981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)
Fax: +34 981 59 46 16
Web: https://www.cesga.es/
[IMPORTANTE] La información contenida en este mensaje y
sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial
y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no
es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor
elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está
autorizada.

Re: Add additional local storage

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Natalia,

I’ve never done this myself so can’t guarantee for outcome – so please test this in a non-production environment – but it looks like the last tip on the following libvirt docs page outlines what you want to achieve: https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Tips

Please let us know if you manage to get this working.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue