Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2023/11/09 16:18:18 UTC

[Proposal] Remove WCCP from ATS v10.0.0

Hi y’all,

I’d like to propose that we remove all WCCP support and code from ATS v10.0.0. WCCP is a protocol that isn’t maintained and supported by Cisco, and hasn’t been for a long time. It’s lacking in important “modern” features such as IPv6.

If anyone still has a use or need of WCCP, please reply to this email, and we’ll change this to a deprecation for v10. But if no on is using this, we should move along and remove it from v10.

Cheers,

— Leif