Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Spike Burkhardt <bu...@ssd.loral.com> on 2005/05/24 18:42:13 UTC

[users@httpd] flastmod for a file from another directory

Hi all,

  First off my configuration is:
Apache 1.3.31
Solaris 9

Here's my problem.  I have a file in directory c that I want to do a
flastmod on.  The html code is in directory_b that is at the same level
as directory_c.  The DocumentRoot is defined as directory_a which has
directory_b & directory_c under it.  Can a flastmod be done on a file in
a directory that isn't under directory b?

  Here's the original HTML code from the file in directory_b:

sans-serif" size="2">^M
                      <!--#config timefmt="%b %d, %Y" -->^M
                      <!--#flastmod file="../directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M

I've tried changing the file specification to:
                      <!--#flastmod file="../directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M
                      <!--#flastmod file="directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M

I have also created a softlink of directory_c in directory_b and the
flastmod works :-)  It really seems like I can't to the cross-directory
flastmod, correct?

Thanks for your help!

spike

Re: [users@httpd] flastmod for a file from another directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/05, Spike Burkhardt <bu...@ssd.loral.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   First off my configuration is:
> Apache 1.3.31
> Solaris 9
>

> Here's my problem.  I have a file in directory c that I want to do a
> flastmod on.  The html code is in directory_b that is at the same level
> as directory_c.  The DocumentRoot is defined as directory_a which has
> directory_b & directory_c under it.  Can a flastmod be done on a file in
> a directory that isn't under directory b?
>
>   Here's the original HTML code from the file in directory_b:

> sans-serif" size="2">^M
>                       <!--#config timefmt="%b %d, %Y" -->^M
>                       <!--#flastmod file="../directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M
>
> I've tried changing the file specification to:
>                       <!--#flastmod file="../directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M
>                       <!--#flastmod file="directory_c/file1.xls"-->^M
>
> I have also created a softlink of directory_c in directory_b and the
> flastmod works :-)  It really seems like I can't to the cross-directory
> flastmod, correct?

I suspect that the file argument to flastmod follows the same ruls as
the file argument to "include".  If you check the documentation for
the latter, you'll see that ".." is explicitly ruled out.

Joshua.