Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/07/30 21:46:44 UTC

Error: Query projections cannot include array, collection, or map fields

Hi All,

I am facing the following exception when having a blob (byte[]) as part of select statement.

Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 nonfatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Query projections cannot include array, collection, or map fields.  Invalid query: "select  a.lob1 from DummyBean a"

The following are the relevant parts of DummyBean:

@NamedQuery(name = "GET_LOB1", query = "select  a.lob1 from DummyBean a"),

    @Column(name = "lob1")

    @Lob

    private byte[] lob1 = null;

Is there a way to selectively retrieve just the byte[] (blob) columns? I know that "select OBJECT(a) from …" would work.

Without using JPA, I can prepare the statement using java.sql.Statement and retrieve using ResultSet.getByteArray(). What should I do to make it work with JPA?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Virag

Re: Error: Query projections cannot include array, collection, or map fields

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi All,

Has no one seen this issue with JPA?

Thanks,