Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Sunil Yarram <yv...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 03:07:29 UTC

incremental read from file

Hi,
   I am looking for a processor that reads data continuously from a log
file, everytime it has to read the new data since last fetch. Is there a
processor that does this or i have to write one?

Thanks,
Sunil.

Re: incremental read from file

Posted by Trevor Vaughan <tv...@onyxpoint.com>.
Hi Sunil,

If you (or anyone) decides to do this, make sure to check the file path
against the open inode on the system to be sure that the file hasn't been
rotated out from under you.

Thanks,

Trevor

--