Posted to builds@apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/09/29 18:08:53 UTC

Re: temporarily disabled GHPRB on trafficcontrol-PR job

Oops, removing misaddressed private@infra for builds@a.o <ma...@a.o>. This is a public message.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.
>> On Sep 29, 2019, at 10:37 AM, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Traffic Control folks.
>>
>> We are troubleshooting an issue with Jenkins and we noticed something strange with your PR builder— jenkins is iterating over thousands of PRs and appears to be causing some thread contention issues. This is a temporary action while we troubleshoot.

This has been re-enabled. We will need to do some troubleshooting to see why it is continually iterating over hundreds of PRs. madlib and poi are exhibiting the same behavior.

Here’s an example of the output we are concerned with:

29-Sep-2019 18:51:35.320 INFO [jenkins.util.Timer [#3]] org.jenkinsci.plugins.ghprb.GhprbPullRequest.updatePR Pull request #497 was updated on repo
 apache/trafficcontrol but there aren't any new comments nor commits; that may mean that commit status was updated.
29-Sep-2019 18:51:35.547 WARNING [jenkins.util.Timer [#3]] hudson.triggers.Trigger.checkTriggers Trigger org.jenkinsci.plugins.ghprb.GhprbTrigger.r
un() triggered by hudson.model.FreeStyleProject@56b0e43a[trafficcontrol-PR] spent too much time (33 sec) in its execution, other timers can be affected

-Chris

Re: temporarily disabled GHPRB on trafficcontrol-PR job

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.