Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2002/12/08 15:59:16 UTC

[latka] Plugin for Maven

I've added the beginnings of a Latka plugin to Maven.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/latka/ for
the home page.

Currently all the plugin does is execute any scripts found in
${maven.latka.src.dir} which defaults to src/test/latka that have the file
suffix ".latka".

I've had to patch Latka to get this going, and the Latka snapshot has been
deployed to the ibiblio repository.

Any changes, fixes and enhancements are encouraged.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [jelly] [latka] Plugin for Maven

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com> wrote on 13/12/2002 03:44:26 AM:

> This is pretty cool.  I assume it uses the latest,
> Jelly-driven version of Latka?  The new code seems
> pretty stable, but it could use more testing.
:) Yep, using a snapshot of Latka I built when I made the plugin. There
were a couple of assumptions the old code made, but it is still pretty
solid.

I'll be giving it a good hammering in the next couple of weeks. We're
going to be using it solidly on a dev project.

> On a side note, the old Latka implementation
> automatically checked to make sure all variables were
> defined.  We can't do that in quite the same way now
> that our "variables" have been replaced by JEXL
> expressions.  Any suggestions on what to replace it
> with?  I suppose we could write a new tag that could
> verify the existence of variables...

empty() is supposed to do it, but jexl has some problems with dotted
variables. It'd be nice if jexl were fixed :)

I think James Strachan wrote a test case to show the broken bits. James?

Re: [latka] Plugin for Maven

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
This is pretty cool.  I assume it uses the latest,
Jelly-driven version of Latka?  The new code seems
pretty stable, but it could use more testing.

On a side note, the old Latka implementation
automatically checked to make sure all variables were
defined.  We can't do that in quite the same way now
that our "variables" have been replaced by JEXL
expressions.  Any suggestions on what to replace it
with?  I suppose we could write a new tag that could
verify the existence of variables...

- Morgan

--- dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> I've added the beginnings of a Latka plugin to
> Maven.
>
> See

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/latka/
> for
> the home page.
>
> Currently all the plugin does is execute any scripts
> found in
> ${maven.latka.src.dir} which defaults to
> src/test/latka that have the file
> suffix ".latka".
>
> I've had to patch Latka to get this going, and the
> Latka snapshot has been
> deployed to the ibiblio repository.
>
> Any changes, fixes and enhancements are encouraged.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:
> http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog