Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Roger Lee, NOTiFY" <ro...@notify.co.uk> on 2005/04/04 13:47:40 UTC

x:commandLink ActionListener Event only works alternately

I am using the x:commandLink on a x:tree2 component;

<f:facet name="loan">
    <h:panelGroup>
        <x:commandLink styleClass="document" actionListener="#{loanSelectionTreeActionListener.processAction}" action="#{loanSelectionTreeActionListener.isTreeNodeSelected}" >
            <h:graphicImage value="images/document.png" border="0"/>
             <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
             <f:param name="docNum" value="#{node.identifier}"/>
             </x:commandLink>
    </h:panelGroup>
</f:facet>

When I click on the "Node" it generates an ActionListener Event, I get the description and navigate to the next JSP which is display in the right hand frame.

However if I click it a second time no ActionListener Event is generated and the same x:tree2 is display in the right hand frame.

So the ActionListener Event only appears to work on odd clicks!

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Roger Lee

Internet communications are not secure and therefore NOTiFY
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although NOTiFY operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NOTiFY.
Replies to this email may be monitored by NOTiFY for operational or
business reasons.

Re: x:commandLink ActionListener Event only works alternately

Posted by "Roger Lee, NOTiFY" <ro...@notify.co.uk>.
Downloaded RC 2 and copied JARs in. Deleted all temp and work directories.

Still get the same problem. Is it a bug as noticed posting from Rob Decker;

   Key: MYFACES-163
     Project: MyFaces
        Type: Bug
    Versions: 1.0.9 beta
 Environment: tested on tomcat 5.0.30, windows2000 and redhat linux 9.
    Reporter: Rob Decker

When a commandLink inside a tree2 has an action attr, actionListener attr,
or f:actionListener tag they are never queued or broadcast and the
associated methods never get called.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.