Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Maxim Kolchin <ko...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/04 11:23:25 UTC

Force to redistribute tablets among available tservers

Hi all,

Imagine a cluster with one tserver which hosts N tablets. At some point, I
decide to add another tserver to the cluster. Is it possible force Accumulo
to move (redistribute) part of tablets to the new tserver? If it so, how to
do that? I tried to google and to look at the list of Accumulo shell
commands, but without any success.

Thank you in advance!
Maxim Kolchin

E-mail: kolchinmax@gmail.com
Homepage: http://kolchinmax.ru

Re: Force to redistribute tablets among available tservers

Posted by Jeff Kubina <je...@gmail.com>.
Correct, the table can't be in use while taking it offline and then online.

The default balancer is called about every minute. You should be able to
see that in the master's logs.

It is certainly possible, but not easy, to adapt the default balancer
to redistribute
tablets more quickly.

--
Jeff Kubina